Saturday 19 February 2011

Related Film Covers - Kim Bradbury


Panic Room is one of my main inspirations when making my film because it is about a parent and their daughter in their own home and they have been taken hostage. It is not the daughter's fault in both cases and they end well, with no gore; however this does not make it any less of a film because it is one of my favourites. My father showed me this film when I was younger and it terrified me and eventhough I have watched it so many times it still scares me however know I can appreciate the film and not just fear it.


In this film I enjoy that the girl doesn't know who the intruders are in this film which is similar to mine and also that the husband (like the father in my film) leaves a defenceless-looking female all alone. I also think that the soundtrack during the suspence sections of this film work very well and I hope to find a soundtrack quite similar.


Scream is another film that I took inspiration from because of the whole idea of the intrudor and the girl being home alone. I also feel that Scream was the first of many similar films like it of its kind, ie a girl home alone that is wary of someone in her own home.
Each poster is produced and distributed in such a way to gain the attention of the public. We know straight away that each film is scary because of the scary background figures (in Scream and Panic Room) and the close up faces which are quite shocking (in Scream and Panic Room). The font of all of them symbolise the genre of horror/thriller aswell as it is quite jagged and not bubbly as you would assume in comedy and love stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment