Tuesday 15 February 2011

Related Film Clips - Charlotte Woodward

The 'Scream' opening sequence:

 I am aware that this opening sequence is over 5 minutes long, yet I wanted to portray the main focus of the young girl, home alone, getting calls from an unknown caller. There is a similarity that can be drawn between my project and this opening sequence. I think the use of camera angles and spooky audio makes the viewer on the edge of their seat. I have seen this film so many times and it still makes me cringe with horror at the intensity it is building up.

To view a key a clip from 'The Strangers', click here - this is a scene where the woman is home alone and in the kitchen. She is unaware to one of the 'visitors' in the background watching; she calls out to her partner but he isnt there, just as in my project when the character receives a phone call to who she thinks is her boyfriend.
Another clip I have extracted from this movie would be when the woman character Kristen, hears a loud bang, just as my character in my project does. Notice the expression on her face as she hears an unknown bang coming from the door. Instantly builds up the intensity:

No comments:

Post a Comment