Monday 14 February 2011

Main Conventions of my genre - Charlotte Woodward

Like many ‘thriller’ genres, the plot contains a dark night, innocent girl home alone with somebody watching her/in the house. Although my film contains some of these elements, I feel that it will be more original and different to others due to my thorough research and ideas.
In the opening 2 minutes of my movie I am going to film a brief yet well produced ‘scary’ scene. This involves a young girl, possibly with a mental health problem restricting her to protect herself as much as she once could have. She’s home alone when she gets a call from a stranger, scared; she locks the doors still on the phone to this man. In fear she stands in the kitchen, when she hears a loud noise, she creeps into the hall to find the front door wide open. Impulsively she runs towards it when she sees the man’s feet, standing on the landing. She runs out of the door and round the back of the house and through the back gate, crouches down by the double doors. Before she can help herself, the intruder reveals himself by opening the curtains of the doors, revealing his face to the camera. – that will be my final shot, in which I am to make intense and dramatic in the use of the camera shots I use.
The face of the intruder is familiar to the girl, when she realises she has seen him before, numerous of times when walking in the field next to her house.  It brings us back to the very first shot in the movie when she is in the field with a friend and notices a man watching her, yet doesn’t think anything of it. This then develops by making it obvious to the audience that he has been stalking and observing her.

No comments:

Post a Comment