Sunday 13 February 2011

Market Research for my Audience- Kim Bradbury

My main target audience will be aged 15+ (specifically 15-30) and from the graph below this makes me happy that my film could be very popular. 

From a recent questionnaire done on  27/09/2010 out of the 30 questionnairs given out to the students 28 were given back. The results show that the majority of pupils that took the questionnaire were aged 17-19.
This result is once again very pleasing as it fits in well with my target audience. My genre is mainly a action/horror theme and from this graph we can see that the percentage of the people who completeed the questionaire's favourite genre of film being horror/action is 40%
With just under half of this population having my film genre as their favouite shows how many people would condiser going to watch my film.


I have also discovered, through other research that most people are introduced to films by other people through word of mouth. Over half of the people (from research I veiwed on someone's blog) had told her this. Other people also stated they go to watch films from advertising, which can be on television, internet, publish's or public advertising boards. Also, the majority of people asked (around 3/4 of them) stated that they do not read film reviews which I found quite suprising as if I want to watch a film this is the first thing that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment