Tuesday 29 March 2011

Sound Effects - Kim Bradbury

0-3 seconds: The Dail Tone - this is a dialing tone takening from soundsnap and then recorded on the sound recorder on Windows. It was then cut to the length I wanted. I chose this one because I wanted the beeping to sound like it came from a mobile phone and the tones were done quite quickly therefore insinuating the father wanted the conversation over and done with.
4-8 seconds: The Ringing Tone - this was once again taken from soundsnap and was recorded and edited to the correct leng in the same way. There are two rings and then the employee picks up the phone.
10-30 seconds: Conversation with Stalker and Father -  I wanted there to be a voice over as I thought the conversation between the daughter and the father although did explain what was going on, it didn't have much impact. So then I came up with the idea of a voice over with left a tension afterwards because the father has been threatened.
32-34 seconds: Bye Dad - this was done very late towards the editing of the filming and is actually a diagetic sound because although it was done after it co-insides with the conversation that had then gone on. I had to record Charlotte saying goodbye to her father whilst I ran the editing programme playing the film and she spoke at the correct time. This is the same way that I did the conversation voice over. I decided to include this because it shows that she ignored her father.
35-38 seconds: Dog Yelping - I found this once again on soundsnap, I decided that I wanted the yelp to be high pitched as the dog is small and for it to sound scared, and I believe that I have achieved what I was looking for.
I take no credit for the making of any of the sounds that I found on soundsnap as they were not recorded by me however I did have to search for what I wanted and then re-record them to put onto my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment