Monday 14 March 2011

Opening Sequence Completed - Charlotte Woodward.

On Saturday night, I had arranged for my friend Grainne (who lives locally) to come round my house in order to begin filming my project. Originally I was planning to use my sister as I thought that would be the most reliable person I could film at hand, however it turns out it was not the case! I used Grainne for the character of the girl, and my sisters boyfriend Josh as the 'stalker'. 
I began to experiment with the camera itself, testing the device on the tripod which I had been allocated. However, during this filming, I then decided that it might be more useful and more effective if I filmed certain parts by hand. This was to increase the intensity and portray are more gripping short movie for the audience. 
I intended to film it during late afternoon/twilight in order to gain some light from outside, however due to some complications in the delays of getting everything ready (i.e my family out of the way!) it ended up being filmed early evening, though it was quite dark. I think I have managed to still make it work as I had a family member to hand, in which they would hold up a lamp and shine it on the character. 
The film begins in a dark setting as we wait for the character (Grainne) to turn the lights on when she is faced with fear and suspicion that she is not the only one in the house. As I had realised that the filming had taken longer than I thought, I then realised I had to cut it shorter than I intended to film. So, instead of it finishing when the 'stalker' reveals who he is when she is locked in the garden, I decided on finishing with it on a cliff hanger when the girl sees the stalkers legs, with him looking over the banister.


I roughly edited the scenes I had filmed on my sisters Apple Mac just to get an idea of what it will look like. After getting a rough idea, I realised I needed to re-film just one more scene as I have made the mistake of shooting a camera angle is different viewpoints, making the scene jump to one then the other. Also, I need to film the outside of my house - I couldn't do this Saturday night as there were too many cars in the drive, when I need no cars to emphasize that she is alone. There are a few messy areas in which I can fix, however overall it was a success that I managed to film it all in one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment