Friday 18 March 2011

First Filming Attempt of The Coursework - Kim Bradbury

Two days ago I did the first film clips of my project, I was allocated one camera for the day and today I am beginning to edit the clips together. I decided to film the father and his daughter in the car coming towards the camera and therefore the house, this is where I aim to put the titles on. I want the beggining to contain no dialogue but just the beginning credits and the soundtrack to create a really eerie feeling.

After this the daughter will then ask her father what is wrong and he will explain that he has to fire some people from work, this gives the audience an idea of what is happening straight away but without giving anything away just yet. Then as the daughter gets out of the car the father will then say the crucial line "make sure you lock the doors, you never know what could happen" to which the daughter says "yeah of course" but inevitably ignores. I want this to be filmed where it is quite dark, however I want to achieve a good quality film therefore quite of bit of light is still needed

After practicing with certain camera shots on my camera, I am confident I can film this well I also hope to acheive my main parts of match on action here for when she walks through the door. During my first filming attempt I don't think I acheived this well enough so therefore want another chance to film this again.

I had the idea of the stalker coming out from my pond and then be dripping wet, however after speaking to my teacher I have now come to the decision that this would probably not happen in the first two minutes and therefore I had to cut this out, aswell I thought that simple was probably better so that I could focus on the detail of my filming and editting and not just great ideas.

I am now editting my film together to see what I need to improve on, overall I am happy with my first attempt but i do understand that more filming needs to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment