Wednesday 6 April 2011

Motion Production Logo - Kim Bradbury

I decided that since I had the production logo and I had some time spare that I would investigate into making it animated and have motion(described how exactly how to do this at the bottom of this post). My first attempt can be veiwed here.

I then decided that I wanted to keep to the theme of blood from my still production logo so added a spray of blood and I thought that the font "Jokerman" was too childish and didn't fit my genre of a thriller so I made this production logo:


After showing this to my teacher and a few select friends they were really impressed however the majority of their feedback seemed to me that the blood should trickle from the top of the screen and as one person explained, "it doesn't look like blood, more like a firework" and I didn't want this to look like a firework, I wanted it to obviously be blood so I flipped the path of the the blood to be upside down and moved it towards the top of the screen; this was my final result:

I used Adobe After Effects, (like Photoshop for videos) I then made the logo and the text on Photoshop and imported the Photoshop file into AE (After Effects). Then I set the opacity from 0% to gradually fade into 100%.
Then I took a visual sample of an ink drop from Riot Gear Fx, rotated so it came from the top. I played around with the transparency and alpha settings of it so it would let any image behind it pass through, but the ink drop would still remain. I then changed the colour of the ink drop to red by using the change colour settings, and then it was just a matter of getting the opacity alteration of the "Bradbury Productions" and the movement of the ink drop synchronised.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment