Sunday 3 April 2011

Extended Scenes & Outakes - Kim Bradbury

0-7 seconds: Here as you can see Sam is still trying to get used to driving a 4x4 and this is where he stalled the car. I also didn't like how the headlights were on as it wasn't the look that I was going for. Aslong because this is a part of my drive I didn't think that it was neccessary for him to indicate.
9-18 seconds: From this clip you can see that I was thinking about doing more filming from the inside of the car however I didn't think that it was needing to be a central focus to my opening and thought that from the outside looked better as I didn't want to confuse the audience of there being a stalker inside the car also.
20-35 seconds: Here is the conversation that I ended up muting because I thought that the voice over of the father and stalker worked better because it caused a greater tension and left the audience in a greater suspence.
37-65 seconds: Here was my original ending to my film however after speaking to my teacher and a few select friends I decided that revealing the stalker early on did not work well because you lose the tension straight away and my plot is not a straight away horror but more of a thriller and you now don't actually see him until near the ending.
67-81 seconds: This was an alternative to when the girl greets her dog however this was filmed handheld and I didn't like this because I wanted the handheld shots to be an immediate contrast to when the camera is from the stalker's point of veiw. Also you don't see the dog walk away as you do in the final version of this clip which I preferred as you wonder where he has gone to.
83-90 seconds: Here is an inbetween shot of the eye level camera veiw of when the girl is eating biscuits to when the camera is held from above her. I couldn't use this because you can see the car in the background and I actually prefer the sudden change in camera angels then the midway level of this one.
91-94 seconds: Here is a clip that I wanted to use with the girl taking the biscuits and filming from behind them however the camera was in the wrong mode so I couldn't use it and it happens too quickly that I thought there wasn't any point in reshooting it.
I also had ideas of stalkers coming out of my pond, dripping wet as I felt I could have filmed this well however after thinking about it, I believe that it would have been too much to include in just an opening of a film however if it were the first half an hour it would have worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment