Sunday 10 April 2011

EVALUATION activity 6 - Kim Bradbury

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Tool Bar - the tool bar offered a range of things to do on the editing software which allowed you to add many effects under the tabs of: edit, caption, audio, share, title and effects.
 
Film Clips - this was where the film clips would be stored in their 'library' until they were needed.
Film Being Edited - in the left hand corner, I could pause and play my clips. It is here that I can edit my clips so I can get effects such as match on action. You use the arrows just below this image to move the film on one frame at a time so that you can cut as accurately as needed. This was how we would see what we had done so far. We could make the screen full-sized if needed.
Timeline - this is where to clips go from the library 'when they are needed' they can be moved around and cut with effects such as a soundtrack or sound effect can be added on top of it.
Add New Post - Here you see that I am on the website called blogger and this is the button that I click which would take me to where I then can add a new post to my blog.

Blogs -  Each blog contains evidence of where I upload many pictures and anything that is relevent to my project. They are in date order and I can arrange to see my own post by clicking on my name label so I can edit any drafts or unfinished posts.

Camera - This is the camera that I was using and here (with a vacant expression!) I am learning as to what each button means.

Camera - I used a cam-corder to record all our movie footage, it was good because the focus was good and it was easy enough to zoom and pan etc.
Tripod - this was what I placed the camera onto so that it was safe and I was able to have a smooth and even film with varying angles.
Extendable Legs - I could adjust these legs depending on where I wanted my clip to be filmed from. eg. being filmed from below makes the actor seems bigger and therefore more important.

The‘Art of the Title’ is the website where there are many openings to films. On here you can also see a few tips to make a title sequence better. This is where I decided to find the opening to “Panic Room” so that I could figure out what titles came in and when.

Blogger if the web use which I used to make my blog, put up posts, videos, pictures and I was able to view my teacher’s blog which was available to my whole class which gave us tips on how to improve out blogs

This cannon Camera is the one that I used to do the practice shots which are on my blog earlier on. I found doing this was really useful because it gave me the practice that I needed.

Corel Video Studios is the programme that I used to edit my film. I can edit my video clips, the music, sound effects and titles etc so that it all works well together. I thought that this programme was really good as a first time editing software; however it crashed quite a lot which obviously delayed my editing which was very frustrating. However apart from this, it was easy to use.

Keep Vid is the website where you can download youtube clips. So you use the url of the youtube video that you want to use and then you convert the file so that you can save it to use in your video. It is here that I downloaded the Icon Production Company video. It made my movie look more professional.

Paint is the programme where I would paste my screen grabs from various programmes and also where I would analyse many pictures and then from here I would save it and then post the finished result onto my blog.

Photoshop ad Dreamweaver programmes helped me to make my “Bradbury Production” ANIMATED LOGO. At first I found it hard to do this but I followed the instruction manuals of these programmes whilst at home and in a couple of hours I made a simple yet effective production logo.
  
Sound Cloud allows you to upload videos and convert them into audio files which you can then save and use in your film.

SoundSnap is a website where you search any sound effect that you want and then it plays out loud where you then record it and use in your film. This was very useful and I got the sound effect of the dog from this website.

Vimeo is the website where all of our final drafts of our films were finally uploaded to. It gives you a section called ‘edmundsmedia’where you can view all of the videos from our school; this is good because it allowed me to compare my film with other very easily.

Youtube is the website that I used the most because it allowed me to view many film openings, sound effects, production companies, interviews with editor and so on. It is a very simple website to use and it has so many things on it. I also used it to embed videos onto my blog with their individual embed codes.

No comments:

Post a Comment