Friday 8 April 2011

EVALUATION activity 6 - Charlotte Woodward



 6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


This information is actually already been shown on my blog, showing images of myself in the editing process on different programs, along with images of me and Kim learning and setting up how to use a tripod and a camera. However, here are the same images, yet in further detail:
Camera - I used a cam-corder to record all our movie footage.
Tripod - this was the instrument I used in order to get an even, and neat filming angles.
Extendable Legs - I could adjust these legs depending on what scene I was filming.  

Tool bar - the tool bar offered a range of: caption, audio, share, title and effects. 
Editing timeline - this is where I could edit and display my clips, to re-arrange and edit, and import them from the library. 
Image - in the left hand corner, i could watch whilst editing my clips. This was how we would see what we had done so far. We could make the screen full-sized if needed. 

This cannon camera is the exact one that I used to take photo's of the location, and the areas in my house in which I have filmed. It was also used to take the photo's above. As well as this, I used it whilst practicing with camera shots and sound effects (earlier in my blog).


Program's I have used:

The Art of the Title - a website of existing film opening sequences, along with 9 frame grid. I extracted ideas from here.  I watched the openkinhg credits of films such as Juno which helped me with idea for my opening scene.
Blogger -  I used blogger to keep a log of what I had done and what I needed to complete. This is a website which enables us to keep track of all the development we have done towards our coursework. We can post anything we like regarding our project, all our ideas, and insert pictures and import videos.
Corel Video Studio - this was the software I used to edit the footage and upload my film clips onto. Also inserting effects. This gave us a wide range of categories in the tool bar concerning our movie, such as Edit, Share, Title, Library etc in order to make our project. I foudn this softeware extremely useful and clear.
Keep Vid - this was a website where I got my New Line Cinema distribution movie clip from.  You can extract different distribution company logo's from here which is very simple. I embeded the link and imported the 15 second clip of my New Line Cinema into the beginning of my film.

Soundcloud - this is where you can upload film clips, and convert in into audio.  I used this forsome sound effects.
Soundsnap - this is where you can browse, literally anything you can think of, and it'll have the sound you need. I used this program many times, it is where I got all my sound effects from.  
Youtube - this program was used widely as it is where I got all my research for filming from. I could search want I needed for my blog, and embed the URL code given, and paste it onto my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment